We have a fantastic opportunity for an Occupational Nurse to join our HR team. This role is a multi-site role covering West Yorkshire – Halifax, Dewsbury and Morley. Reporting directly into the HR Manager we are looking for someone to join us on a part-time basis ideally working 3 days per week (21 hours).
You will be responsible for carrying out appropriate health surveillance onsite and assisting in the management of sickness absence and rehabilitation back to work.
An overview of the role:
• Asses the work environment for potential health and safety problems in a Manufacturing and Logistics environment
• Conduct a range of assessments and inspections in conjunction with regulations
• Risk Assessments as and when required, specifically for pregnancy or medical conditions.
• Advise on the health of all grades of staff, in particular where there may be concerns about the impact on work in the employee’s health, or their fitness to do the job. To advise management as and when appropriate. This may be pre-employment or during employment.
• To offer confidential support and advice to staff and where applicable to refer onwards to other agencies, for example counselling services
• Carry out assessments of and provide recommendations about whether a colleague is disabled within the meaning of the Equality Act 2010 and work collaboratively with HR representatives and managers to identify possible reasonable adjustments to assist colleagues to work or undertake their role.
You must be experienced and confident in working autonomously, have excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to provide a full Occupational Health remit.
Join us and you will be part of the largest Kitchen group in Europe with familiar UK brands such as Magnet, Gower and Rixonway Kitchens. With over 90 years experience we champion quality and are determined to grow.