We have a brand-new opportunity for a Product Developer within Value Engineering based from our offices in either Leeds or Darlington.
What you’ll be doing
In this newly created role, you will have a key function, and be responsible for product and R&D driven value engineering of our existing product offer with the goal of improving supply efficiency and create visual results by bringing more value to market. You’ll work on improving our existing assortment and take the lead for each product change, working closely and collaboratively with your colleagues from Sourcing, Production and Product Management.
Your duties will include:
- Identifying value engineering opportunities
- Developing the Value Engineering pipeline together with Sourcing, Supply Chain and Product Management
- Creating project plans and timelines according to Nobia Go To Market process
- Project Management of each opportunity
- Changing and/or creating necessary drawings and technical documentation
- Development with internal and external suppliers
- Developing prototypes and ensuring necessary tests
- Making sure European standards and certificates are met
- Product change sign-off
- Handing over to local implementation
- Ensuring cross functional collaboration through the entire process
How you will qualify for the role
Coming from a technical background, ideally with knowledge of the kitchen or furniture industry, you’ll be a proactive, self and results driven individual with good communication and relationship building skills. You’ll have experience in product development and/or value engineering and used to working within a structured Go To Market process.
You’ll need to demonstrate a systematic and structured engineering approach and be both team and consumer orientated. You’ll have good IT skills and be proficient in the use of CAD (we use Solid Works) and the main Microsoft Office programmes, and it’s also desirable that you can demonstrate your project management skills.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll discover a rewarding team environment, excellent career and development opportunities and a competitive basic salary plus benefits.
Who are we?
Join us and you’ll be part of Europe’s leading kitchen specialist with 15 or more strong brands, including Magnet, Commodore Design, Gower, HTH and Marbodal. We achieve net sales of SEK 13 billion across our business. We build more than 135,000 cabinets and help over 70,000 customers realise their kitchen dreams every single week.